The SCA Stem Cell Core Facility is based at the Melbourne Brain Centre
’s Parkville facility at the University of Melbourne.
We maintain a number of well-characterized human embryonic stem (hES) cell lines and provide essential services for research involving hES cells as well as human induced pluripotent stem (hiPS) cells.
We also provide individualized training in the basic techniques for successful culturing of these cells. The core’s services are available to scientists at the University of Melbourne as well as other institutions.
Products and services:
Additional services can be arranged upon request.
- human embryonic stem cell lines ready for experiments
- feeder cells and conditioned media
- culture and expansion of cell liens
- cryopreservation and banking
- validation of pluripotency
- stem cell differentiation to neurospheres
- hands-on training in stem cell culture techniques for hES cells and iPS cells
The Stem Core operates on a cost-recovery basis. Rates are in the process of being established.
Please contact the Core Manager, Dr Anna Michalska, for specific information: firstname.lastname@example.org